Wednesday 9 March 2016

Challenge Quilt

We here goes.  This will probably be a boring place for most people.  I plan on using this place to explore my foray into fabric dyeing.  I have started blogs in the past, however they have not been focused.

I am currently working on the 25th anniversary challenge for my local quilt guild.  I wanted to try doing a bargello quilt.  So I fired up EQ7 and made a plan.  I have dyed 25 different shades of grey (nickel and charcoal) and a grape.  The quilt will be about 43 inches by 63 inches.

My plan for the 25th Anniversary Challenge Quilt

I will post some pictures of the fabric I have dyed - it is currently in the washer after being soaked to remove excess dye.  I hope to get the top done this weekend and I will have to dye fabric for the back and print a label.

My thoughts right now are to quilt the quilt using invisible thread as to not take away from the pattern, but will put more thought into that once I have the top done.  

I am very excited about this quilt - it will probably be the jumping off point for a series of quilts that will use a monochromatic background with an accent colour.  

Yes, I am Canadian - I use an extra u in colour and I like an "e" in grey. 

3 comments:

  1. This looks awesome Scott! I can't wait until I see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, It is turning out much better than I was hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. This is gorgeous. I too prefer grey and colour, but them I am English.

    ReplyDelete