Sunday 13 March 2016

First quarter of the grey challenge quilt

I spent the evening cutting strips and sewing them together into two tubes and have cut them into the required widths for the top half of the challenge quilt.  Here is the layout for the upper left quarter of the quilt.

I am very much loving how this is turning out, there are a few prices that I might change around, if you look at the 9the column from the left rectangles 7 and 8 look like they should be swapped around.  I have the rest of the fabric soaking and should be ready to cut by Wednesday.   This top should be done by the weekend.  Then, to get the back dyed so I can get it quilted by the end of the month.  On that, I picked up 3 spools of thread, one solid grey and two variegated grey (one medium and one light), now just need to come up with a pattern to quilt.  I might just do a meander but will see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment