Friday 11 March 2016

Spent the night dyeing.

I got home tonight and my husband made me a very delicious meal roast beef on a flat bread with roasted red peppers, caramelized onion, brie cheese, and tomatoes.  While he cooked, I sat down and planned my dyeing for the evening.

I decided to mix my own grey again, but this time I added a bit of the nickel dye to see if I can bring it to a match to what I have done.  I found that the charcoal that I did earlier was too cool for the warm grey that the nickel becomes.  I did 11 more gradients: 12%, 9%, 6%, 4.5%, 3%, 2.25%, 1.5%, 1.15%, 0.75%, 0.38%, 0.19%.  Once these are rinsed and ironed I will post the range.

My goal this weekend is to get the top half of the quilt pieced and if these match the greys, next week I will get the bottom half of the quilt pieced. Next weekend I will dye the backing fabric and the binding fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment